Our Final Velveeta Cheese Sauce is oh so creamy and flavorful and made with simple components. Pair together with your favourite pasta, and luxuriate in!
Our Go-To Velveeta Cheese Sauce
Bookmark this, cheese lovers! Our Velveeta cheese sauce actually is Velveeta perfection.
Not solely is it made further tacky with assist from Velveeta (after all!), seasoned completely with easy spices, and a straightforward roux. Let’s make it collectively, we could?!
WHAT IS VELVEETA CHEESE?
Velveeta cheese is an American cheese product made out of milk, whey, and whey focus. It’s mostly used as a sauce for mac and cheese.
Why Does It Make a Good Cheese Sauce?
Velveeta cheese makes an awesome base for cheese sauce due to its superb meltability. This Velveeta cheese sauce is creamy and by no means clumpy 😀
Final Velveeta Sauce with Easy Elements
Our selfmade Velveeta cheese sauce comes collectively in a number of components! You’ll want:
- Unsalted butter: butter is used because the fats for the roux.
- All-purpose flour: all-purpose flour is what’s used to create the roux. You may swap this for white entire wheat or 1:1 GF all-purpose flour if you want.
- 2% milk: we used 2% milk, however any milk will work.
- Velveeta cheese: can’t have a Velveeta cheese sauce with out Velveeta!
- Spices: to present this Velveeta cheese sauce some oomph, we used salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
- Scorching sauce: we love including a little bit vinegar-based sizzling sauce to our Velveeta cheese sauce for a kick.
Mac & Cheese
Take this Final Velveeta Cheese Sauce and make our Easy Velveeta Mac and Cheese for dinner tonight.
The right way to Make Velveeta Cheese Sauce
This Velveeta cheese sauce is made in 5 simple steps. All you want are the components above and quarter-hour of your day. Right here’s the way you make it:
Put together a roux
Warmth a big pot or Dutch oven over medium/excessive warmth, and add butter. When the butter is melted, add flour and whisk till the butter and flour kind a crumble or paste.
Whisk in milk
Slowly add milk to the pot, whisking always. Proceed to whisk the roux over medium/excessive warmth till the roux thickens.
Take away from warmth + add velveeta
When the roux is thick, take away from warmth and add the Velveeta, and whisk till the cheese has melted.
Add granulated garlic, sizzling sauce, and salt and pepper to the cheese sauce and blend nicely.
Serve & get pleasure from!
Serve the velveeta cheese sauce with tortilla chips, greens, or cooked pasta.
Velveeta Cheese Sauce Q&A
One of the simplest ways to show Velveeta cheese right into a mac and cheese sauce is to create a roux after which soften the Velveeta cheese within the roux.
Velveeta cheese is a processed cheese product and is made primarily from milk, whey, and whey protein focus. HERE is extra details about Velveeta cheese.
If you’re making a selfmade Velveeta cheese sauce then sure, it’s going to seemingly want milk. In case you’re utilizing boxed Velveeta mac and cheese then you do not want milk.
The right way to Serve Velveeta Cheese Sauce
Love this Velveeta sauce and wish to combine issues up? Listed below are some concepts on the way to repurpose this sauce for one thing apart from our Velveeta mac and cheese:
Use on Any Noodle: all out of macaroni noodles? You may actually use 1 lb. of any noodle beneath the solar!
Nachos: we love utilizing this sauce on prime of nachos. Suppose – loaded nachos with all of the fixings + this Velveeta cheese sauce.
Burgers & Sandwiches: how good would this Velveeta cheese sauce be on prime of a burger or sandwich?! I’m drooling.
Chili Mac and Cheese: combine this cheese sauce with 1 lb. of noodles and a batch of selfmade beef chili for some chili mac! Take a look at our sister web site’s Chili Mac and Cheese recipe!
Dip: once I dip you dip we dip. Seize your favourite tortilla chip and dip away!
Storing Velveeta Cheese Sauce
Let your Velveeta sauce cool fully. Then, switch it into an hermetic container and seal. Retailer within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
To reheat: Switch chilled Velveeta sauce into a big frying pan. Add a number of tablespoons of milk and reheat over medium/low warmth till heat. Reheating this Velveeta cheese sauce low and sluggish will assist forestall any adjustments in texture as you reheat.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 12-oz.Velveeta cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ tablespoon sizzling sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon floor pepper
- 12-oz. Pasta, if serving with pasta
- First, put together a roux by heating a big pot or Dutch oven over medium/excessive warmth. Add butter. When the butter is melted, add flour and whisk till the butter and flour kind a crumble or paste.
- Slowly add milk to the pot, whisking always. Proceed to whisk the roux over medium/excessive warmth for about 4-6 minutes or till the roux thickens.
- When the roux is thick, take away from warmth and add the Velveeta. Whisk till the Velveeta cheese has melted.
- Add granulated garlic, sizzling sauce, and salt and pepper to the cheese sauce. Combine nicely.
- Serve the Velveeta cheese sauce with tortilla chips, greens, or cooked pasta.
Ideas & Notes
- This Velveeta cheese sauce is supposed to me blended with 12 – 16-oz. of dried pasta or used as a dipping sauce for greens or chips.
- Diet info doesn’t embrace pasta.
Serving Dimension: 1/6
Ldl cholesterol: 52
Class: SaucesMethodology: Range HighDelicacies: AmericanEating regimen: Vegetarian
Key phrases: velveeta cheese sauce