I am going to go ahead and skip my usual intro here. Not because I don’t care how your day is going, because I DO! But, I want to get right down to some serious business. The business of brownies to be exact.
You see, there are a few types of people in this world when it comes to brownies. There are the people who prefer thick and chewy brownies, maybe with the crispy edges. They usually go first for the brownies around around the side of the pan. If that’s your thang, check out this pan.
It is amazing. There are the type of people who like rich and dense brownies. The kind you almost have to eat with a spoon.
Well, I have done it. I have created a recipe to appease everyone! The secret is Chickpea Flour.
You see, it all started with this enormous bag of Garbanzo Bean AKA Chickpea Flour in the mail last week. Thank you Amazon Prime! One thing you should know about me is that I am always looking for the best deal. While his does save us money, sometimes it means we end up with things like this.
Why, yes, that is a 4 pound bag of Chickpea Flour.
Then, if you are like my husband, you will ask, And what, pray tell, are you planning on doing with 4 pounds of chickpea flour?
Why, make brownies. Of, course!
- 3/4 cup Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar*
- 2T flaxseeds, ground
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk**
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8X8 pan with nonstick spray***
- In a large bowl, combine chickpea flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, ground flax seed, salt and baking soda.
- Stir to combine
- Make a well in dry ingredients and add melted coconut oil, applesauce, and almond milk.
- Thoroughly combine, making sure to break up any clumps.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.****
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Eat and enjoy!
- * If you do not have coconut sugar, you can sub with brown sugar.
- **Any milk of your choice, non dairy or otherwise
- ***I used coconut oil spray.
- ****IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU COOK THESE COMPLETELY. IF THEY ARE UNDERCOOKED, THEY WILL NOT TASTE RIGHT!!! PLEASE TRUST ME HERE!!! I MADE THIS MISTAKE WITH MY FIRST BATCH!
Rich and chocolatey brownies made with chickpea flour that are vegan and gluten free, but best of all, delicious!
What about you…
Have you ever used chickpea flour?
What kind of brownie eater are you? Team chewy or team gooey?
Are you always on the look out for the best deal?
This recipe is part of the following: Meatless Mondays, Allergy Free Wednesday, Real Food Fridays, Gluten Free Fridays, Savoring Saturdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Vegan Friday’s,#recipeoftheweek,#strangebutgood, Lean Lena’s Tasty Tuesday’s , meatless Mondays