In search of a selfmade granola bar recipe? These wholesome granola bars are a no-bake recipe made with rolled oats, peanut butter, honey, and chocolate chips for good measure.
Make Your Personal Home made Granola Bars!
If you realize something about us, you realize that we at all times prefer to have selfmade snacks available for when starvation strikes. These selfmade granola bars are just like our protein ball recipes however are in bar type.
I’ve been a granola bar lady since I can bear in mind. Chewy granola bars had been my favourite rising up. I particularly beloved the chocolate chips.
Our selfmade granola bars are made with all of our favourite issues – peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and honey. They arrive collectively rapidly, are completely chewy, and make for a wonderful energy-boosting snack that the entire household will love.
These granola bars are…
- Naturally gluten-free
- Excessive-protein (13g!)
- Simple to make
- Higher than dessert scrumptious
What You Want
Peanut butter oatmeal something is a win in my e book. It’s satisfying and candy and salty all on the similar time. Right here’s what you want:
- All-natural peanut butter: be sure to make use of a drippy peanut butter. I prefer to stir my jar earlier than utilizing it in a recipe to mix the oil and nut butter.
- Rolled oats: rolled oats give these selfmade granola bars a chew.
- Fast-cooking oats: fast cooking oats are simpler to chew, in order that’s why we used a mixture of quick-cooking and rolled.
- Honey: honey is an excellent all-natural sweetener and it’s stickier than maple syrup which holds these bars higher collectively.
- Coconut oil: whereas coconut oil provides extra fats to those bars, it additionally helps maintain them collectively! Don’t skip this half.
- Chocolate chips: each granola bar recipe deserves chocolate chips.
- Peanuts: we added peanuts for an additional crunch.
Peanut butter –> attempt utilizing one other drippy, all-natural nut butter akin to almond butter or cashew butter.
Honey –> whereas we favor honey as a result of it’s candy and sticky, you can too attempt one other sticky sweetener akin to brown rice syrup. We haven’t examined this with maple syrup, however I’ve a sense it’s not sticky sufficient.
Oats –> you’ll discover that we used a mixture of rolled oats and quick-cooking oats. It’s because we love that they’re each chewy and have a chew. For those who solely have one or the opposite, be happy to make use of it.
Chocolate chips –> be happy to have enjoyable along with your add-ins. You’ll be able to swap the chocolate chips or peanuts for dried cranberries, pepitas, different chopped nuts, white chocolate chips, cacao nibs, and so forth.
- Microwave liquids: place peanut butter, honey, and coconut oi, in a microwave secure bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Then, stir to mix.
- Add oats: Add the oats to the liquid combination and stir to mix.
- Add different flavors: Add different the opposite components and stir to combine every thing collectively.
- Switch dough to pan: switch the granola bar combination into your pan. Then place a bit of parchment paper on prime (so your palms don’t get soiled) and press them into the pan.
- Chill: Chill bars for a minimum of 2 hours in order that the coconut oil can harden.
- Slice: Use a pointy knife to slice into granola bars and luxuriate in!
How do I get selfmade granola bars to stay collectively?
Our trick in getting selfmade granola bars to carry collectively is just not solely utilizing a sticky sweetener however a little bit little bit of coconut oil.
As coconut oil solidifies, it hardens and can assist maintain the bars collectively.
Are selfmade granola bars wholesome?
These selfmade granola bars are more healthy than store-bought as a result of there are not any components you’ll be able to’t pronounce. They’re 100% entire grain and sweetened with an all-natural sweetener (no white sugar!).
What is an effective binder for granola bars?
We like utilizing a mixture of a sticky sweetener akin to honey or brown rice syrup and a little bit little bit of coconut oil. Because the coconut oil hardens, it’ll assist maintain your bars collectively!
Can I exploit a unique sized pan?
Sure! For those who use a bigger pan, your bars might be thinner and in case you use a smaller pan, they are going to be thicker. Since it is a no-bake recipe, it actually doesn’t matter what pan you utilize.
Don’t really feel like making bars? Be at liberty to roll these into balls as an alternative. They need to maintain collectively simply the identical.
As soon as the bars have absolutely set within the fridge, slice them into bars. Then, switch them into an hermetic container and retailer them within the fridge for as much as 7 days.
- Switch the sliced bars to a baking sheet and unfold them out. That is so the bars don’t freeze collectively.
- Freeze for half-hour.
- Then, switch bars right into a gallon-size bag. Take away as a lot air as potential and seal.
- Freeze for as much as 3 months.
- 1.5 cups all-natural creamy peanut butter*
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats*
- 1.5 cups fast cooking oats*
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Flakey sea salt, for garnish
- Line a sq. 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper and spray it very evenly with non-stick baking spray.
- Add the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil to a big, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir collectively the peanut butter combination till it’s clean and thick. Add the vanilla and stir to mix.
- Subsequent add the oats and fold them, ensuring to get the oats evenly coated with the moist components.
When the oats are virtually absolutely included, add half of the chocolate chips and half of the peanuts. Proceed folding till they’re absolutely mixed.
- Switch the combination to your ready pan and unfold it out evenly along with your spatula. Sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Place a bit of parchment paper on prime of the granola bars and press them into the pan. You need to pack them very tightly so that they keep collectively!
- Switch the granola bars to the fridge to sit back for a minimum of 2 hours– be sure to depart them lined with the parchment paper on prime!
- Take away the granola bars from the pan, slice, and luxuriate in.
- Retailer the granola bars in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Suggestions & Notes
- Ensure to make use of an all pure creamy peanut butter that has been stirred properly. The additional moisture in all-natural peanut butter helps maintain the granola bars collectively.
- I like the mix of rolled and quick-cooking oats on this recipe. It provides simply the correct quantity of chewiness, however in case you don’t have each be happy to swap one or the opposite.
Serving Dimension: 1/12
Key phrases: granola bars, granola bar recipe