It’s Friday! We made it though another week! How’s your day so far? Anything fun on the horizon for the weekend? We’re celebrating my mom’s birthday (belatedly) on Saturday with Mexican food and cake AKA the best birthday combination ever!
Since it’s Friday, I thought I’d share a few of my favorites from the past week. I’m stealing Kate’s ‘Top 3’ Friday favorites idea and linking up with Heather and Angela. Thanks ladies, for the link up!
Top 3 eats:
- This may sound weird, but I’m totally obsessed with steamable brussel sprouts lately. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ve eaten my body weight in them over the past week!
Matilda is even on board with them and asked for them as dessert (!!) topped with coconut oil!! Crazy girl!
- I know you guys saw this earlier this week, but this burger salad was so good! The brie cheese totally made it!!
- And this brunch was so good! It’s called Eggs Chesapeake and it’s 2 poached eggs, served atop crab cakes and fried green tomatoes. You better believe that I cleaned my plate!
Top 3 highs:
- Getting to spend time with my favorite cousin!! She and I are not super close together in age (6 years), but we were the only girl cousins in our family, so we hung out all the time. Now that we’re “grown-ups”, it’s so cool that we are super close best friends AND that we’re related!
- Getting to take my Mama to lunch on her birthday. She’s such a wonderful mama and Nana who deserves so much more than a quick lunch, but it was a nice way to see her and celebrate her special day.
- Teaching BODYPUMP, especially this new release. Yes, it’s tough and it definitely challenges my fitness levels, but it makes me feel so good to talk to members afterwards and hear them say that it was such a great class and that they really appreciated the energy that I brought. Fun fact: I’m hoarse 90% of the time because I yell when I teach classes. It sounds really mean when I say that, but I’m yelling over the music to motivate the class and to remind them that they CAN do this. That they are stronger than they think they are!
Top 3 lows:
- Teaching 5 BODYPUMP classes this past week and last week. Even though I love it, it’s too many and teaching that many has kept me from pursuing other fitness needs, like yoga.
- And related to that, due to the increase in my teaching schedule, my left ankle is giving me some trouble. I broke it when I was 12 and it still intermittently bothers me. I’ve been icing it and taking it easy when I can. Not so easy when you have a busy toddler!
Top 3 screenshots:
Top 3 snapchats:
Why is this so fun?!
Seriously, she get’s so excited.
It was surprisingly easy to do!
Top 3 articles/reads:
Well, that’s all I have for today. I’m off to teach BODYPUMP! Have a great weekend!
What about you?
What’s are some of your top 3 from this week?