Say good day to probably the most scrumptious rooster parmesan casserole. This pasta casserole has crispy rooster, savory marinara sauce, and many CHEESE. It’s the good household dinner that everybody will love!
The Good Hen Parmesan Casserole
Whats much less time consuming and extra midwestern than traditional rooster parmesan? Hen parmesan casserole, after all! We love this rooster parmesan casserole for thus many causes!
why you’ll love this casserole
- Casseroles are really easy to make for the household throughout a busy week!
- This rooster parmesan casserole is semi-homemade so you possibly can have a scrumptious recipe in half the time.
- The rooster on this rooster parmesan casserole is crispy and flavorful.
- We love pasta casseroles!
- This rooster parmesan casserole is the cheesiest of the cheese casseroles!
Every little thing You’ll Want
This rooster parmesan bake is made with complete substances that you will discover at any grocery retailer! Try every part you want proper right here!
- Rigatoni pasta
- Boneless, skinless rooster breast, reduce into 1-inch chunks
- Massive eggs
- Plain breadcrumbs
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Bell peppers
- Purple onion
- Marinara sauce
- Olive oil
The right way to Prepare dinner Hen in a Casserole
There are only some steps to creating this scrumptious rooster casserole.
- Partially cook dinner your pasta: This is a crucial step. You don’t wish to cook dinner your pasta so it’s able to eat. You wish to go away it crunchier in order that when it finishes cooking within the oven it isn’t mushy!
- Crisp up your rooster: Crisping up your rooster brings this rooster to the following degree! You wish to solely partially cook dinner your rooster in order that it doesn’t over cook dinner within the oven! Generally which means browning one facet greater than the opposite! Simply ensure that you don’t skip this step!
- Sauté your veggies: After you are taking your rooster out of the skillet, it’s time to do a fast sauté of the veggies! Do it’s a must to sauté your veggies? No. Ought to you sauté your veggies? Sure! Cooking your veggies earlier than you throw them within the casserole provides so. a lot. taste. to the casserole!
- Throw all of it collectively: After every part is partially cooked all it’s a must to do is throw every part right into a casserole dish and blend it collectively!
- Bake + Cheese: You solely should bake this casserole dish for 20 minutes since every part is partially cooked after which all you have got left to do is sprinkle on all of the cheese and let it brown to perfection!
This le creuset casserole dish is our all time favourite casserole dish! The white shade rocks, it has a canopy, and it’s nice for thus many dishes.
Can I take advantage of any form of pasta on this recipe?
Sure, you should utilize any form of pasta on this recipe (aside from spaghetti). We used rigatoni as a result of we love the form and it carries the sauce within the center and it’s so so good. Beneath are a few of our different prime decisions for different pasta choices.
- Penne pasta
- Rotini pasta
- Farfalle pasta
- Fusili pasta
What sort of marinara ought to I take advantage of?
You need to use any jarred marinara sauce that you prefer to. We suggest utilizing a low sugar and natural model!
Can I cook dinner uncooked rooster in a casserole?
Sure, you possibly can cook dinner uncooked rooster in a casserole, nonetheless we don’t recommend it on this casserole as a result of we suggest breading and sautéing the rooster first.
Anytime you cook dinner rooster, make certain the interior temperature of the rooster is 165ºF.
Can I freeze this casserole?
We don’t suggest freezing this casserole!
- 16-oz. rigatoni pasta
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless rooster breast, reduce into 1-inch chunks
- 2 giant eggs
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs*
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium bell peppers, any shade, minced
- 1/2 medium purple onion, minced
- 2 24-oz. jars marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Put aside.
- Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Prepare dinner the pasta for 4-6 minutes or till barely undercooked. The casserole will cook dinner for an extra 20 minutes within the oven.
- Subsequent, whisk the 2 giant eggs collectively in a medium-sized bowl. Put aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, 1 cup parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder and blend.
- Prep rooster by dipping the rooster items into the egg wash after which into the parmesan combination ensuring every part is generously coated. Place coated rooster items on a plate.
- Subsequent, warmth a big skillet over medium/excessive warmth. Add 1 tablespoon of olive olive.
- When the olive oil is aromatic, add half of the rooster chunks to the skillet and cook dinner them for 1-2 minutes on all sides. Don’t absolutely cook dinner the rooster as a result of it is going to proceed to cook dinner within the oven. Repeat till all of the rooster has been browned. Take away from warmth.
- Set the rooster apart after which add the final tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the bell peppers and onion to the pan and sauté the peppers and onions for 4-5 minutes. Scrape the brown bits from the rooster from the underside of the pan so as to add taste to the peppers. Take away from warmth.
- Lastly, add the pasta, partially cooked rooster, bell peppers, onion, and marinara sauce into the casserole dish and blend to mix every part within the sauce
- Place the casserole dish into the oven and bake at 375ºF for 20 minutes.
- Take away from the oven and sprinkle the final 1 cup of parmesan cheese on the highest of the casserole dish and bake for an extra 5-10 minutes to soften the cheese.
- Lastly, take away the casserole from the oven let it cool for five minutes and revel in.
Ideas & Notes
- breadcrumbs: if you’re utilizing Italian breadcrumbs, you possibly can omit the opposite spices.
Serving Dimension: 1/8
Class: CasseroleMethodology: OvenDelicacies: Italian