These Almond Flour Sugar Cookies are each grain-free and sugar-free and such a enjoyable solution to jazz up the vacation season!
Are you baking up a storm?! Make these sugar cookie cutouts + these sizzling cocoa cookies + these shortbread cookies for one of the best cookie trade ever!
This recipe was previously known as Wholesome Sugar Cookies. We up to date the photographs (identical recipe) on December 7, 2022!
Simple Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
It’s probably the most great time of 12 months and we have now probably the most great Christmas cookie recipe to share with you!
This Almond Flour Sugar Cookies recipe must be added to your yearly vacation baking. They’re made with out grains and white sugar! That’s proper, we’re utilizing almond flour and honey to make these grain-free and refined sugar-free.
Embellish them along with your favourite icing, some vacation sprinkles, and also you’ve obtained your self a showstopping Christmas cookie recipe.
What’s almond flour?
Almond flour is just almonds floor right into a flour — so, it’s actually not flour in any respect. For this recipe, we’re utilizing superfine, unblanched almond flour.
Why you’ll love these cookies
Substances You Want
- Egg: egg is used because the binder on this recipe. We do NOT advocate swapping for a flax egg.
- Almond extract: we love how almond extract provides a vacation vibe to those cookies. Be at liberty to swap for vanilla extract.
- Honey: as an alternative of utilizing white sugar, we’re utilizing honey as our sweetener.
- Coconut oil: coconut oil is the fats utilized in these cookies. Be at liberty to swap for butter as an alternative.
- Almond flour: superfine, unblanched almond flour is the idea of those sugar cookies. We advocate Bob’s Crimson Mill.
- Coconut flour: coconut flour is one other grain-free flour. It’s dense, so that you don’t want to make use of lots.
- Baking soda: baking soda is the levening agent.
- Salt: salt helps convey out the scrumptious almond taste of the extract and flour.
Can I swap a distinct flour?
Sadly, since almond flour and coconut flour have such distinctive properties, we do NOT advocate swapping both for a distinct grain-free or glutenous flour.
The way to Make Almond Flour Sugar Cookies for Christmas
Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a distinct bowl, combine collectively the whisked egg, almond extract, and honey. Then add within the melted coconut oil and blend once more.
Slowly add the dry elements into the moist and blend. We advocate utilizing your arms for this to knead the entire elements collectively.
Roll the dough right into a ball and wrap it with plastic wrap. Then, chill within the fridge for half-hour.
As soon as the dough has chilled, flour a clear floor with coconut flour. Then, roll the sugar cookie dough out in order that it’s 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick.
Use your favourite small/medium cookie cutters to chop out your favourite vacation shapes.
Switch the cutouts to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for 6-8 minutes.
Switch to a wire rack and let cool for a minimum of half-hour earlier than frosting.
Easy Icing Recipe
In case you’re in search of a easy icing recipe, we stored issues very traditional with natural powdered sugar and water.
There are many refined-sugar free icing recipes on the market and if that’s your jam, we advocate utilizing sir Google for that one 😀
Christmas Cookie Adorning Concepts
These sugar cookie cut-outs are the right canvas for no matter type of adorning your coronary heart needs. A few of our go-to’s for probably the most festive-looking cookies embrace:
- Edible glitter: silver and gold silver and gold!
- Coloured frosting: we prefer to put our frosting in a ziploc bag and lower the nook off, so you may pipe frosting onto your cookies!
- Sprinkles: there are such a lot of festive sprinkle choices at main grocery shops. Get artistic!
- Crushed sweet cane: cube a sweet cane with a knife to make a festive and minty topping on your cookies.
Layer cookies in an hermetic container with a bit of parchment paper in between layers. Retailer in a cool, darkish place for as much as 3-5 days.
Cookies will freeze nicely each frosted and unfrosted.
Layer cookies in a freezer-safe bag with a bit of parchment paper in between layers. Then, freeze for as much as 3 months.
- 1 massive egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 cups natural powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons water
- Non-compulsory: meals coloring
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Put aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk collectively dry elements and put aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively egg, almond extract, and honey. Then, add in melted coconut oil and whisk once more.
- Slowly add dry elements to moist till your dough is fashioned. Use a picket spoon at first after which change to utilizing your arms. The dough could appear crumbly at first, however proceed to knead dough collectively till it types a ball.
- At this level, you may add your meals coloring. We propose beginning off with just some drops and kneading the meals coloring into the dough. It’s also possible to make a number of colours of dough by separating in half or thirds.
- Create a ball along with your dough and wrap with plastic wrap and place in fridge for half-hour.
- As soon as the dough has cooled. Take away from fridge and sprinkle coconut flour onto a tough, cool floor in addition to your rolling pin. Then, use rolling pin to roll out the dough in order that it’s round 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch thick. If it’s sticking, sprinkle on some extra coconut flour.
- Use small/medium cookie cutters to create sugar cookie lower outs. Place shapes onto your parchment-lined baking sheet. Don’t fear about spacing an excessive amount of, the cookies is not going to broaden that a lot.
- Bake at 350ºF for 6-8 minutes or till cookies start to brown. They cook dinner quick, so watch out!
- Instantly take away from sizzling pan and place on cookie rack. Let cool for a minimum of half-hour earlier than frosting.
- For the icing: add water to powdered sugar one tablespoon at a time and blend. Add sufficient water, till you’ve reached your required thickness. If you wish to coloration your frosting, add a number of drops of no matter coloration you need. Then, switch right into a piping bag (or plastic bag) and frost away!
- Frost cookies with icing after which adorn with sprinkles and edible glitter.
- Will keep for as much as 5-7 days in an hermetic container.
Serving Measurement: 1
Key phrases: almond flour sugar cookies