Monday, Monday…Can’t trust that day…
How was your weekend? Ours was pretty quiet over all and I think I like it better that way. When it’s low-key, I feel much more rested and much less stressed for the week ahead. You know what I mean?
Anyway, I’m linking up with Meghan and Katie to share all of my accomplishments from the past week. It really is such a lovely feeling getting to list all the things that I actually did as opposed to the things that I need to do. If you haven’t tried it, I suggest you do so ASAP!
So, without further ado, last week I…
- Published 4 blog posts! As life gets longer, awful feels softer, Easy, Rich and Creamy Homemade Hot Chocolate, When you don’t fit the body image mold, and Friday Favorites #38. That in and of itself is a big accomplishment for me lately as I’ve felt my blogging mojo seriously declining as of late. I think I am most proud of the body image post. I had originally planned a completely different post, but just felt the need to write that one instead. I think it was a good decision 🙂
- I taught 6 BODYPUMP classes- it was my last week of teaching the latest release (96) and I’m a little sad to have to mix it up! I love everything about it, including how tough it continues to be despite teaching it so much!!
- I also managed to make it to 2 BODYFLOW classes, which was so nice and so needed! Yoga is my happy place. It really calms my constantly racing mind and soothes my spirit. I’m hoping to take BODYFLOW training so I can start teaching that as well. Maybe Barre as well…I haven’t decided yet. I need some low-impact options in my life.
- And speaking of Yoga, I’ve been keeping up with our Yoga Instagram challenge.
- I kept up with my plank a day challenge! 2 minutes every night! I would really like my core to be as strong as possible going into this (*fingers and toes crossed!!! hopeful!!!!*) pregnancy.
- I kind of fell of the meal-planning/meal-prepping last week and I only managed to make a sweet potato/collard greens/black eyed pea soup. It was a clean out the fridge and pantry soup and turned out amazingly well!
- I did innumerable loads of laundry, swept and mopped the floors, washed dishes…you know, all the fun grown up chores.
Well, except for the real pants part because #leggingsalways
- I went to at least 3 grocery stores last week. I would really REALLY like to just do a single trip a week, but it just never seems to work out that way!
The dried mango was a total impulse buy. Don’t go shopping after you teach BODYPUMP and forget your post-workout snack. Trust me.
- Whenever we go grocery shopping now, Matilda always wants to ride in the ‘car carts’. While these things are cute, they are a PAIN to steer!
It’s a good thing she’s so cute!
- John and I managed to have a date on Saturday afternoon/early evening. We went to see the latest Cohen brothers movie, Hail Caesar. It was really good! Two thumbs up!
- There was also an epic Mediterranean pizza that was shared.
- And this Hail Merry tart, which was NOT shared, because Heather doesn’t share
- And, of course, pancakes were enjoyed this weekend because PANCAKES!!
What about you?
How was your week/weekend?
When was your last ‘date’?
What have you accomplished lately?