How is your Tuesday going? Are you doing anything fun today or making anything delicious? I am headed to Spin in a bit, but I have a little something to share with you first!
I am officially declaring Tuesday “Recipe Day” over here at Hungryforbalance. So, in honor of the first official recipe Tuesday, I have an interesting twist on an old favorite.
I have talked about our unending zucchini supply before. You all have seen countless bowls of zoodles, Crock pot Vegan Mexica Quinoa, roasted zucchini, chocolate zucchini coconut flour breakfast cake, zucchini and raisin muffins, a lots of chocolate zucchini smoothie bowls. I feel like it is my personal challenge to figure out new and interesting ways to
force feed my family zucchini use up the garden’s bounty.
We have all heard of Chocolate avocado pudding, AKA chococado pudding. Well, I decided to make good use of my prolific zucchini supply, and add some to my chococado pudding to
use some up add some structure.
I crossed my fingers, held my breath, and added a few extra dates. A little chilling time later and Eureka! I had a rich yet light chocolate fudge, with the added bonus of an extra serving (or two) of veggies.
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 whole avocados, pitted and peeled
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-4 TBSP coconut milk, divided
- Place zucchini and 2 TBSP coconut milk in a high-speed blender, turn on high until pureed.
- Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT for coconut milk.
- Blend on high, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides.
- Add remaining coconut milk as needed to achieve a nice, smooth texture.
- Pour into container; I used a 7X9 Pyrex dish.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours, or until set.
- Remove from freezer and let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before cutting into squares.
What about you?
What is your go-to zucchini recipe?
Have you tried Chocolate Avocado pudding?
This recipe is part of the following: Meatless Mondays, Allergy Free Wednesday, Real Food Fridays, Gluten Free Fridays, Tasty Tuesdays, Savoring Saturdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Vegan Friday’s,#recipeoftheweek,#strangebutgood, Lean Lena’s Tasty Tuesday’s